Our team is looking for a Chemistry Lab Analyst who has a foundational competency in science and a willingness to learn in a laboratory environment. This position involves working with other chemists to ensure proper testing is implemented in their efforts to scale up production. Our lab analysts work with GC, HPLC, and wet chemical techniques. The analysts we hire are excellent communicators and able to work independently or with a team with minimal supervision. Our plant requires working shift rotations. A 2-4 year science-related degree is preferred.
We run a 24/7 operation that requires employees to work a rotating 12-hour work schedule(day and night shift). Employees are rewarded with a benefits package that surpasses many expectations. Eligibility for two weeks paid vacation, along with 32-hours of paid personal holiday start on day one.
- Communicate to production employees the in-process test results as dictated by the batch operating procedure.
- Prepare standard chemical preparations and solutions to support in-process and finished product testing.
- GC and HPLC calibration as needed for in-process and finished product testing.
- Support PDL lab with sample analysis and reaction monitoring.
- Approve final product reports and qualify material for shipment to customers.
- Test raw materials as needed for use in the process.
Proficient in Microsoft Office, champion in safety and housekeeping, problem-solving skills. Must be able to work effectively with plant personnel and with the laboratory team.
Physical Requirements: Able to navigate stairs. Safely use A-frame ladders up to 6-feet. Able to lift 25 lbs repeatedly in a shift. Able to use a hand truck and maneuver compressed gas cylinders(300-335 ft). Must be able to wear a negative pressure air-purifying respirator (full or partial mask). Accurate vision to color, depth, and variations in texture. Has enough hearing, and smell to detect potential chemical spills or other workplace hazards.
Type: Full-time Pay: $40,000.00 – $50,000.00 per year Education: High school or equivalent (Required) Location: Marinette, WI 54143 Pay Frequency: Weekly Schedule: Full-Time, Rotating 12-hour shift Category: Science Title: Lab Analyst Company Type: Manufacturing Employer: ChemDesign