ChemDesign is looking for a dedicated individual, with a bachelor’s in chemical engineering, for its shift supervisor position in Marinette, WI. Shift Supervisors at ChemDesign are the first level of leadership that will lead the operations team through daily production activities to ensure the safe and timely manufacture of chemical products. In this position, you will play a critical role in upholding company policies and building employee morale. Success in this role means maintaining a productive workforce that delivers quality chemicals to our customers.
Applicants must be prepared for a few weeks of on-site training and mentorship. This position oversees the operating of chemical manufacturing equipment.
Must have a bachelor’s degree in chemical engineering from an accredited university or equivalent. Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, champion in safety and housekeeping, problem-solving skills. Must be able to work effectively with plant personnel, management, and the laboratory team.
- Train employees to be champions in safety, production, and chemical handling.
- Enforce company policies and regulatory compliance.
- Schedule operators to meet production needs. Approve vacation or other time off.
- Troubleshoot process and equipment problems.
- Oversee compliance inspections.
- Participate in new process planning and engineering.
- Create small teams to investigate and determine plans for continuous improvement.
- The required duties of this position may include the handling and processing of hazardous waste materials.
Continuous training opportunities:
- Annual OSHA training
- Appropriate seminars as available in ISO, Quality, and Technology.
- Must maintain current first aid/CPR training.
- Emergency response training including but not limited to Incident command, Confined Space Entry Rescue, Level B Response, Hazmat Decon.
ChemDesign has a great benefits package. One of the best in the area! 401k plan with employer match, medical, dental, vision, theft identity protection, 100% paid short-term and long-term disability plan, and a fitness reimbursement plan second to none in the area are all included in our benefits package.
ChemDesign sponsors an active social committee with plans and events including:
- Annual Employee Appreciation Steak Fry
- Employee Lunches
- Volleyball, Softball, Bowling, and Cycling Teams
- Annual Holiday Party
We make chemistry work – and we make ChemDesign a great place to work!
Job Type: Full-time Type: Full-time Location: Marinette, WI 54143 Schedule: Full-time, day shift, night shift Category: Manufacturing Company Type: Manufacturing Employer: ChemDesign