ChemDesign in Marinette, WI, is looking for a Process Chemist with 5 to 12 years of experience. This opportunity allows for hands-on chemistry with numerous blue-chip customers that will improve the world through supporting a wide variety of chemistries and markets including agricultural intermediates, polymer additives, and specialty chemicals. These projects ultimately aid in providing higher crop yields, reducing energy, and better materials for improving quality of life! This career is for individuals who enjoy science, working with great people, and making a difference.
This position interacts with all levels of management and operations with numerous opportunities for advancement!
ChemDesign is one of the top Marinette-Menominee area employers with a new state-of-the-art lab facility built in 2020. We have a positive company culture that values teamwork and a commitment to chemistry excellence.
100% Paid Benefits
- Free Base Medical Coverage
- Paid Base Life Insurance
- Up To 6 Weeks of Paid Vacation Depending on Experience
- Fitness Reimbursement Plan
- Identity Theft Protection
- 100% Paid short-term and long-term disability
- Comprehensive Family Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- 401k Plan with Employer Match
- Legal Shield Protection
- Voluntary Accident Insurance
What a Senior Process Chemist Does:
- Lead the Process Development Chemists
- Work as part of the startup team to screen new business.
- Evaluate new chemical manufacturing projects for their “fit” into production.
- Help develop our customers’ processes through plant scale-up.
- Monitor and optimize process metrics (cycle time, yield, productivity, process safety).
- Communicate lab and plant trial information to the manufacturing team and customers.
- Work with Quality Control Lab to ensure proper testing methods.
- Track and resolve process development problems as they arise.
- Helps troubleshoot to resolve chemistry issues.
Our Ideal Candidate
- BS DEGREE AND INDUSTRIAL EXPERIENCE IN SYNTHETIC ORGANIC CHEMISTRY
- 5-12 years of industry experience desired
- Knowledge of multistep synthetic organic chemistry
- Experience with 250 ml to 20 L lab-scale glassware.
- GC, LC, and other analytical techniques.
- Has a “positively-charged” mindset that values scientific learning and teaching others!
- Communication champion: you will be interacting closely with the manufacturing team, customers, and QC.
- Monday-Friday, Days
We make chemistry work – and we make ChemDesign a great place to work! Check out our new labs:
Education: BS in Organic Chemistry Location: Marinette, WI 54143 Schedule: Mon- Fri, Days Category: Manufacturing Title: Chemist Company Type: Manufacturing Employer: ChemDesign